An Introduction to Management Bureaus
Helping Members Succeed!
Methods for Management understands that privately owned businesses have unique wants, needs, and desires. We consider some of the critical questions about your business to obtain the best consulting possible.
Methods for Management is the most experienced consulting firm in the area of Management Bureaus. Our exposure to this process spans a period beginning in 1953 with consulting assignments throughout the United States, Canada, Japan and Australia.
What Our Members Are Saying
Benefits of Management Bureau Peer Groups
Management Bureaus are designed to be used as tools to enhance the success and profitability of your operation. Company profitability comes from detailed knowledge of your operation, reliable information regarding what level of performance can be expected, and having the drive to take the necessary actions to improve all areas of the operation. Management Bureaus provide a framework in which these factors can be developed.
Methods For Management
MfM Provides the following services through its Management Bureau peer groups:
Exchange of New Ideas and Methods
Bureau Members visit each member’s operation. Areas of interest or concern by the member are reviewed by the host’s peers. Analyses and recommendations are offered by the Bureau members and the Facilitator.
Discussion of Comparative Operating Reports
For each meeting, our online database generates in-depth financials reports for each of our members’ businesses. Trends or variances between plants are analyzed in order to increase the understanding of each Bureau member of his company’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities.
Contributions by the Facilitator
Each meeting is coordinated and facilitated by a member of the MfM professional consulting team. The Facilitator brings the expertise and past experience necessary for the success of the Management Bureau. The Facilitator directs the evaluation of operating and management problems and informs Bureau Members of the latest systems, procedures, and techniques available for improved management and profitability.
GENERAL MEETING FORMAT
- A visit to the host member’s plant in which the group critically analyzes and suggests improvements.
- A comparative review of financial and operating performance factors among the member plants.
- Special reports and training sessions by the coordinator dealing with specific areas of interest.
PREREQUISITES FOR A SUCCESSFUL MANAGEMENT BUREAU
- A desire to improve your operation.
- A willingness to disclose financial ratios and production data to the Bureau members.
- A willingness to provide data in a uniform manner.
- The ability to give and accept constructive criticism.
MEETING & FEE STRUCTURE
- Generally, the Management Bureaus meet once each quarter for two days.
- The monthly payments cover unlimited phone call and email support between meetings, as well as the meeting fee.
- During meeting months there is an additional food and meeting room charge. • The monthly membership fee is charged regardless of actual attendance at the quarterly meeting.
- A group of 8-12 plant owners from noncompeting geographic areas.
- New members require acceptance by 100% of the existing group.
MfM Business Advisory Team
Managing Partner - MfM
Methods for Management
Flair Consulting Group
Sandra Haralson Dry Cleaning Consulting
Dry Clean Design
Blue Egg Consulting
Benchmark Business Group